The TLI8303.I Tire Length Inspection
is designed as an online system for measuring the length of rubber profiles directly on production lines.
The system works based on computer vision with the use of two cameras.
The first camera detects the beginning of the profile and is located on a moving axis above the conveyor; the second detects the end of the profile and is located in a fixed position either below or above the conveyor, depending on the design of the system itself.
The overall profile length is mathematically calculated based on the mutual positions of the cameras and the scanned profile end surfaces.
- Measurement range – length:
- 1,000 mm (passenger vehicle tire 1,500–2,500 mm)
- 3,000 mm (freight vehicle tire 1,000–4,000 mm)
- Length precision < ±300 µm (3 sigma)
- other sectioned material
- Length measurement for passenger vehicle tires
- Length measurement for freight vehicle tires
- Length measurement for two simultaneously manufactured and cut profiles
- Calibration object and calibration unit
- Combining with profile width measurement
- Combining with a profilometer
- Combining with a unit scale
- Contact-free measurement of profile geometry
- Online measuring system for quality control
- This system can be used for automatic profile sorting
- This system can be used for automatic cutter regulation